T

Macys.com

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Supreme Salad



I am very proud to eat this salad!  Mainly because the romaine lettuce in it was home grown. Last year I had a patio garden.  You might recall when I posted the green beans from my proud harvest, which boasted a variety of herbs and vegetables. 

While my husband was working in the yard last year, he transferred some of my potting soil from my pots to his flower beds. To our surprise, we found romaine lettuce growing very successfully in his flower bed.  We decided to let it grow, and have been using it ever since. It is very tasty and fresh. I may try to grow a few herbs and vegetables again this year.  

So, tonight, while my family enjoys the spaghetti that I cooked last night. . . I'm going to enjoy my supreme salad.  It's topped with cherry tomatoes, strawberries, a boiled egg, 1/2 of an avocado, organic super spinach mix (baby spinach, mizuna,baby kale, baby chard), and some slices of a rotisserie chicken that my sister shared with me today.



No comments:

Post a Comment