one of the members on my website.
She shared her twist on Chicken Fried Rice and so did I. It was awesome. If you like the recipe, by all means please share it.
- 1 to 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts or 10 Chicken Tenders (cut into small pieces)
- 3 eggs scrambled
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root finely diced, (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 stick butter soften
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Garlic and Red Chili Pepper Flavored Olive
- Cook your rice in advance then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a wok or a non stick large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons of the flavored olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Add carrots and white onions and sautÃ© until clear.
- Add diced ginger and cook another 2 minutes.
- In another pan, scramble three eggs, chop finely and add to mixture.
- Add your cooked, cold rice one cup at a time while constantly stirring and tossing your mixture.
- Also add a chunk of your soften butter each time you add a cup of rice.
- Continue adding rice and butter until you've added it all.
- Remove from heat and add Green onions and toasted sesame seeds and mix all together.
- Add Soy Sauce, salt and pepper to taste and Enjoy.
My Twist: Parboiled rice, 1/2 stick butter.