T

Macys.com

Friday, February 25, 2022

Louisiana Yam Cake



Did I tell I tell you that this is my favorite cake, well it is?  I bake this cake several times during the year.  I baked it for over twenty years now, and it's never failed me.  The flavor, and the combination of cinnamon cloves, and other spices, will dazzle your tastebuds.  

Ingredients
For the cake:
  • 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cloves
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups cooking oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups mashed cooked yams
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Frosting:
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 1 3-oz. package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 box confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup nuts
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Sift flour with soda, cloves, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
  3. Combine sugar and oil in a mixing bowl; mix thoroughly
  4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
  5. Add vanilla
  6. Stir in dry ingredients, yams, and pecans; mix thoroughly
  7. Spoon batter into a greased tube or bundt pan
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes
  9. Allow cake to cool; prepare to frost
Frosting:
  1. Cream butter and cream cheese; mix well
  2. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and nuts, mixing well
  3. Remove the cake from the pan
  4. Spread frosting on cooled cake

Twist:  Original recipe uses 2 cups of sugar, I use 1 1/2 cups, and I added 


No comments:

Post a Comment