T

Macys.com

Monday, May 31, 2021

Zucchini Bread


One afternoon when I decided that I wanted to bake Zucchini Bread, I didn't realize that I didn't have the number of carrots needed for the recipe.  So I did what I do best, used what I had.  In place of 2 cups of zucchini, I substituted apple and carrot for the remainder 2 cup measure.  The results changed the way that I make zucchini bread.  I guess you can say that it's Zucchini Apple Carrot Bread.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 1 cup brown sugar

  • 3 eggs

  • 1 cup canola oil

  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour

  • 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1 ¾ cups grated zucchini

  • 1 small grated carrot

  • 1/2 diced apple (I used a Fuji) not exceed 2 cups with the apple, zucchini, and carrot combination

  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

  2. Grease and flour two loaf pans

  3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon

  4. Beat eggs, oil, and sugar together in a large bowl.  Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, beat well.  Stir in zucchini, apple, carrots, and nuts until well combined

  5. Pour batter into pans

  6. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until the tester inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool on a rack for 20 minutes

  7. While the bread is cooling, sprinkle with the pistachio nuts, if desired  

  8. Once the bread is completely cooled, remove the bread from the pan

Twist:  Just this

No comments:

Post a Comment