T

Macys.com

Friday, April 8, 2022

My KitchenAid


I have really enjoyed my KitchenAid over the years. I purchased it over 20 years ago.  It's a workhorse,  a powerhouse, a companion, and definitely an asset that I could not be without in my kitchen. 

Back in the day, I tried my hand at making a couple of wedding cakes. I still have a couple of pictures. I actually believed, and still do, that everything that I bake should be from scratch and fresh. The wedding cakes looked good, and had a very good flavor, but were a little dry. I didn't know anything about simple syrup, freezing, and other techniques that would not have made the process so tedious. The cakes made it to their destinations without incident.

One of my sister's favorite sayings is "knowledge is power." I totally agree. I made some tea cakes today and doubled my recipe. My KitchenAid, as it has done, year after year, and time and time again came through with flying colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment