T

Macys.com

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Roasted Chicken


We eat a lot of chicken at my house.  One of my favorite chicken dishes is a roasted chicken cooked in my clay baker.  I purchased my baker from Foley's over 15 years ago before it became Macy's.

My clay cooker has always been my go-to for very moist and delicious meals.  The clay cooker is designed for making moist, delicious roasts, braises, and bread.  Soak the top before use, the lid will absorb water to create a blanket of steam inside and out; natural flavors are intensified.  The one that I own has a glazed bottom that makes an easy cleanup. It renders a very moist and tender chicken,  It also produces almost two cups of chicken broth,  I generally use the broth to make brown rice Brown Rice. I even use it to cook baby back ribs.

If you don't have one, you're definitely missing out on a must-have for your kitchen.

Ingredients:
  • 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 lb.
  • Olive Oil to coat chicken
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Spanish paprika
  • Chicken rub used  Pride of Szeged Chicken Rub
  • Rosemary (about 3 springs)
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 lemon (cut in half)
  • 1/4 onion
Directions:
  1. Soak baker for about 15 minutes in cold water
  2. Wash chicken pat dry with paper towels
  3. Coat the chicken with olive oil, front and back
  4. Sprinkle chicken with the dry seasonings listed above in the ingredients (season the inside of the chicken as well)
  5. Place the garlic cloves, rosemary, lemon and onion inside of the chicken cavity
  6. Place the chicken in the cooker and place in a cold oven
  7. Set temperature to 375º F
  8. Bake for about 1:45 - 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165º F
  9. Remove cover the last 15 minutes of cooking if you desire a crispy skin
Twist:  Chicken rub, paprika and most of all a Natural Clay Cooker


No comments:

Post a Comment