Drinking wassail during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season is one of our family traditions. It makes you feel so exhilarated and puts you in the mood to engage in conversation.
Do you have a favorite recipe that’s a family tradition or that you would like to share?
- 2 quarts 100 % apple juice, no sugar added
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 (46 oz.) can pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 4 sticks whole cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot
- Simmer for at least an hour
- Garnish with lemon and orange slices
- Serve hot
Leftover wassail may be stored in the refrigerator and warmed for later use.