T

Macys.com

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Wassail


I’m ♫.•*¨*•♫♪ In  ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪♫ The  ♪♫•*¨*•.¸Mood¸ For ♪♫  Wassail









Today I’m sharing my new twist on one of my old recipes.  

Since I rarely use white sugar nowadays,  I decided to try a new twist. We have a tangerine tree and the tangerines are pretty sweet. I decided to use the juice of 3 tangerines in place of the sugar. It was very good and we didn’t miss the sugar.
We don’t have many cold days in Texas but I really look forward to Wassil during the holidays.
Check out the nutritional value of tangerines, when you have an opportunity. It’s amazing!

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Do you have a favorite recipe that’s a family tradition or that you would like to share?

Ingredients:
  • 2 quarts 100 % apple juice, no sugar added
  • 1 1/2 cups orange juice 
  • 1 (46 oz.) can pineapple juice 
  • 3/4 cup lemon juice 
  • 3 large tangerines juiced and the pulp (or tangerine juice)
  • 4 sticks whole cinnamon 
  • 1 tablespoon whole cloves 
  • 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice berries 
  • Pinch ground nutmeg
Directions:
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a large pot
  2. Simmer for at least an hour
  3. Garnish with lemon and orange slices
  4. Serve hot                         
Twist:  Tangerines

No comments:

Post a Comment