T

Macys.com

Saturday, July 15, 2017

PDQ Potatoes


These PDQ (pretty darn quick) potatoes are a "go to" sometimes when I'm cooking in a rush.  They make a great side dish. Several years ago, my sister showed me how she cooked potatoes in the microwave.  The potatoes were very good, simple and quick.  








As I recall, she added a little dried dill weed, about an inch or two of water, a little butter, and salt and pepper to some russet potatoes. She covered the bowl with plastic wrap and microwaved them for about 15 minutes.  To me, this was amazing because I don't generally use my microwave to cook.


A few weeks ago,  I had completed my meat and vegetable for dinner.  I wanted to add a starch to complete the meal, so I decided to try making some potatoes like my sister had made. They were a hit with my family.  Why don't you give the recipe a try, and let me know what you think?

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 teaspoons ghee or butter
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (I used Organic Full Circle Zesty Italian)
  • 1/4 cup water
Directions:
  1. Peel and slice potatoes to about 1/4" thick 
  2. Add potatoes to a microwaveable dish
  3. Add seasoning, water, and ghee
  4. Cover dish with a microwave cover and microwave for about 12 minutes or until tender.
Twist:  Zesty Italian seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment