T

Macys.com

Friday, May 26, 2017

Brown Rice


Brown rice is now one of my favorite dishes. After reading the nutritional benefits from the link below, I don't believe that I will cook white rice again.

The flavoring of the ingredients that I added with brown rice makes this recipe a keeper.




Read the link below and try my recipe. Let me know if you've tried better tasting brown rice.

Enjoy!


Brown rice
  • 1 ½ cups brown rice
  • 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (I used canned)
  • ½ cup water 
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ lemon pepper 
  • 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
  • 3 garlic cloves, very finely grated
  • 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Add chicken broth, salt, and butter to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil
  3. In the meantime, add rice, garlic, lemon pepper, and cilantro to a medium-size baking dish with a lid
  4. Remove broth from heat, pour over rice mixture and stir
  5. Bake for 1 hour
  6. Remove from oven and fluff rice with a fork
Twist: Cilantro, lemon pepper, garlic, and chicken broth

Recipe adapted from Alton Brown, Food Network  

No comments:

Post a Comment