T

Macys.com

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Smoked Chicken Queso


My family and I visited a local restaurant last year. We ordered the brisket queso appetizer, which looked and tasted very good. Sadly, I was unable to enjoy the dish because it was very spicy and contained beef, which I very rarely eat.

Yesterday, my husband smoked some chicken. It was very delicious as usual, and the taste had me thinking about the appetizer we had last year. So, I decided that I would try to twist it using the smoked chicken. I figured this would be a great snack for the March Madness season, which is very popular in my home.

Click on the link below:

Ingredients:

· 1 cup cubed smoked chicken (¾ chicken for cheese mixture, ¼ as a topping)
· ¼ block pasteurized cheese (I used cheese Velveeta Mexican)
· 2 cups tortilla chips
· ¼ cup water (or 2% milk)
· ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
· ¼ cup Pico de Gallo
· 3 tablespoons guacamole

Directions:

1.    Heat cheese in a saucepan over medium-low heat until cheese starts to melt
2.    Add water or milk and stir to well blended, add cumin powder
4.    Arrange tortilla chips in a serving dish
5.    Pour cheese over chips
6.  Add smoked chicken
7.    Top with Pico de Gallo and guacamole
8.    Serve and enjoy

Twist: Just this!

No comments:

Post a Comment