African cow peas also know as black-eyed peas, are filled with nutritional benefits. Several years ago I visited a very popular restaurant in New York. I don't really remember my entrée but I do remember that my sister had black-eyed peas and some type of greens. It looked awesome and according to her, it was delicious. I had to try this dish; and here is my twist:
- In a large pot, cook onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until they sweat.
- Add water and smoked turkey part to onions and garlic.
- Cook about 15 minutes before adding greens.
- Add greens, broth, and remaining ingredients.
- Cook until the greens are tender (approximately 45 minutes or until tender)
- Combine black-eyed peas and greens in a bowl, enjoy