T

Macys.com

Monday, February 12, 2018

Valentine's Day Pancakes


I received an email from a young lady who asked me to put something on my blog that was easy and red and white.  This will be a wonderful Valentine’s Day breakfast twist.









I actually went out and purchased some Bisquick.  As some of you know, most of my cooking and all of my baking is from scratch.  I used a large heart shaped cookie cut out to make the pancakes.  I didn’t have any strawberry syrup, so I made a little simple syrup and added some strawberry preserves and allowed it to reduce down.  Finally, I garnished the pancakes with pecans.  Is that easy or not?

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups original Bisquick mix
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
  • pecans for garnish
Directions:
  1. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan
  2. Cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes
  3. Add strawberry preserves and simmer on low to desired consistency (should look like syrup)
  4. In a medium bowl, stir ingredients for pancakes until well blended; do not beat
  5. Pour batter into a hot greased griddle or skillet
  6. For this recipe, I poured the batter into a heart shaped cookie cutter. I also used a smaller size heart shaped pancake to place on the larger one
  7. Cook until edges are dry
  8. Remove the cookie cutter and turn pancake
Twist:  Used 2% milk, vegetable oil, strawberry syrup.  Garnished with pecans


Syrup

    No comments:

    Post a Comment