This recipe list a lot of ingredients; however you don’t have to use as many ingredients as did and it will still be wonderful. I had 5 people test this recipe and they all thought that it was delicious. One person said that it was excellent.
If you give it a try let me know what you think; and share your twist.
· 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
· 1 cup sliced almonds
· 1 cup shredded coconut
· 1/4 cup wheat germ
· 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1/2 cup golden raisins
· 1/4 cup pre-ground golden flax seed
· 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
· 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, roasted
· 1/2 cup low sodium peanut butter
· 1/4 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup Agave (or honey)
· 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a pan or casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Bake the oatmeal, almonds and coconut for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and the rest of the ingredients except the last 6.
- Place the last 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir occasionally and cook until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the oatmeal mixture and mix well with a large spoon.
- Lightly butter a glass casserole dish and press mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.