T

Macys.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Tomato Basil Soup

There’s nothing like Tomato Basil Soup.












I wasn’t sure how the soup would come out since I didn’t have fresh tomatoes on hand; however, it was fantastic.

Now I’m convinced that I can enjoy one of my favorite soups any time of the year.  In an effort to cut back on my spending, I’m trying to use what I have.  In doing so, the results have been very rewarding.
Ingredients:
·         2 tablespoons roasted garlic olive oil
·         2 tablespoons butter
·         1 onion, chopped
·         2 ribs celery
·         3 garlic cloves, minced
·         1 28-oz can whole plum tomatoes
·         1 6-oz. can tomato paste, basil, garlic & oregano
·         1 1/2 cans of chicken broth
·         1/2 cup sherry
·         2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
·         1/2  teaspoon dried thyme
·         Salt to taste
·         1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
·         1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
·         1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil and butter or ghee in a large pot; add onions and celery, cook to translucent
  2. Add garlic, cook for about a minute
  3. Add remaining ingredients, except cream
  4. Cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes
  5. Simmer for about 15 minutes
  6. Remove from heat
  7. Add cream
  8. Carefully pour or ladle soup into a blender
  9. Blend for about 1/2 minute
  10. Serve
Twist: Sherry, tomato paste with basil, garlic & oregano        

No comments:

Post a Comment